Food Program

Child and Adult Care Food Program – CACFP

The Child and Adult Care Food Program is a federally funded Nutrition Program.  The main goal is to assure that nutritious, well-balanced meals are served to children attending Child Care Centers, Licensed Group Homes and Registered Family Day Care Homes.  As a sponsor of CACFP, Northeastern Child Care Services administers the program to licensed group child care providers, registered family child care providers and relative/neighbor providers, throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania.  Counties served include:  Bradford, Columbia, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Monroe, Montour, Northampton, Northumberland, Pike, Schuylkill, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne and Wyoming.

To participate in the CACFP, child care providers must serve meals which meet meal pattern requirements and allow their home to be monitored a minimum of three times yearly.  In addition, participants must maintain enrollment and attendance records, menus, meal counts, and attend an annual training.  Reimbursement is paid monthly, based on point of service meal counts.  A sponsor/provider agreement needs to be signed with your choice of sponsors.  A pre-visit training session is conducted prior to participation.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Progam Discrimination Complaint Form,  (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

Fax: (202) 690-7442

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

To learn more about CACFP, click here: Food Nutrition Services (FNS)