Do you want to be part of the Treasure House team and influence a child’s future?
Are you patient, creative, energetic and love helping children learn? Do you delight in hearing children’s laughter, seeing their happiness and development? We invite you to review the current job openings below. A career in early childhood education with Treasure House Child Development Centers is an opportunity for you to become part of the tradition of providing children in our communities with the very finest quality care and opportunities to help them learn and succeed.
PRE-K COUNTS TEACHER
Northeastern Child Care Services is seeking a Pre-K Counts Teacher. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the 2020-2021 school year will be comprised of distance learning using the Zoom Online Teaching Platform and “Take Home Learning Bags.” Responsibilities include:
- Executing the Reopening and Remote Learning Plan
- Use Zoom to deliver The Creative Curriculum virtual lessons
- Develop and monitor content of no more than thirty (30) minutes per day of virtual learning
- Develop content to include all learning domains aligned with the PA Learning Standards for Early Childhood Arrange for picking up of “Take Home Learning Bags”
- Track student participation
- Guide families and Pre-K Counts Assistants on at home learning activities
- Document and assess student learning
- Document out of school instructional time
- Contact each family to answer questions and offer support
- Expected to work seven and one half (7 ½) hours per day
- Maintain Professional Development requirements
- Receive guidance from Center Director on alternative duties and follow expectations
- Create a virtual learning environment that supports children’s natural desire to explore, experiment and discover helping them to achieve their optimal ability
- Prepare and execute a developmentally appropriate virtual learning program in accordance with the Creative Curriculum, Pre-K Counts Guidelines, DHS Regulations and Keystone STARS Standards.
- Be aware of and responsive to developmental levels and interests of enrolled children when planning activities
The Pre-K Counts Teacher works from the end of August to mid-June each year, but is paid over a twelve-month period.
Requirements: Level I or Level II Early Childhood Certified and two years- experience with children, capable to use the Zoom Online Teaching platform, and the ability to create interesting, challenging, stimulating, Take Home Learning Bags for children to want to investigate and delve into.
Benefit Package includes: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, child care tuition discount, paid personal and sick time.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience and is comparable to that of a school district.